[Amps] Re: PS project part2

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: PS project part2
From: peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com (peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 02:47:20 2003
Rich said;

>2.  add a coaxial RF choke [4 to 5-metres of coax wound single-layer on
>3" to 4" ABS plastic sewer pipe] to the dipole's feedline to keep RF from
>returning to the radio-room (and the mains) on the outside of the shield.
>The best place for the choke is at the dipole's center feedpoint

The dipole is fed with open wire line, so that it can be used on other
bands. RF ammeters in the remote automatic antenna tuner suggest the
currents in the two feed wires are substantially equal. One leg of the
dipole runs over the house, and my suspicion is that the field produced by
it induces currents in the house wiring. probably ferrite chokes on the
feed in and out of the RCD are the best answer, although the form of the
switchbox and its location make that a little difficult physically.

>3.  replace the RCD with a conventional breaker and inform house
>residents that it is no longer safe to take a shower or bath with a hair
dryer.

Tempting, but somewhat illegal over here. The nanny state, you know!

73

Peter G3RZP