[Amps] 6M Pa =GS35B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 6M Pa =GS35B
From: n5blz1 at houston.rr.com (Ed Stallman)
Date: Wed May 21 09:15:45 2003
A couple of months back I had some questions about the GS35B 6M Pa, with
lot's of good reply from the guys on the reflector. thanks to all for all
the great help.  after burning in the heater for 24 hours, I added B+, here
are the results..
4000 volts plate voltage
750 mA plate current
250 mA idle current
230 mA grid current
75 watts drive
1500 watts output

I think the 250 mA idle current is a bit high, that will be an easy
fix....I'm told I want around 150 mA idle current.
NEW QUESTION
would someone please tell me what I will gain by lowering the idle current
from 250 mA to 150 mA?
Thanks again

---