[Amps] 572B's WARNING

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 572B's WARNING
From: nagato at arnet.com.ar (GGLL)
Date: Sun Jun 15 09:20:51 2003
    Regarding Taylor brand, I purchased a year or so ago one Taylor 813
for a friend's linear and it was labeled as Made in China clearly.
Dealer was RF Parts and I was aware of tube's origin.
    If your newly acquired 572s have a USA made label (but made in
China) I think the dealer could be sued in some way, could be?. Those
are fake USA tubes.
    Last, some years ago my radio master was repairing a Drake TR4 which
needed new finals, three 6JB6 tubes; we had the chance of a friend
temporarily living in USA to buy them at a radio shack store.  They came
in closed boxes but, those were 17JB6 tubes. They were marked 6JB6 in
the glass, ? how?, but coarsely grinding the glass over the 17 and
writing over a 6.

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.

Osten B Magnusson escribi?::