[Amps] electronic switching

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] electronic switching
From: wb8jkr at juno.com (wb8jkr@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jun 20 08:21:20 2003
  One problem with PIN's is if the RF voltage
the PIN is subjected to in its "off" state exceeds the
bias applied to the PIN to turn it off, the RF voltage will
attemp to turn the PIN back on.
 In the limited ampunt of PIN diode work I've done here
it seems the PIN "off bias" should be at least twice the
applied RF voltage if any sort of SWR may be
present. So in a 50 ohm circuit at 1500 watts you'd need
about 5-600 volts reverse bias. In a Hi-Z cicuit such
as a plate tank I.E. 2000 ohms, you'd need about 3500 volts.
Thats a tall order.

73,  Mark  WB8JKR

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!