[Amps] Revisited: Power Combiners, cheap amps.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Revisited: Power Combiners, cheap amps.
From: bill at wjschmidt.com (Dr. William J. Schmidt, II)
Date: Mon Jul 14 07:52:03 2003
What you suggest works fine... as long as the amps remain in phase (e.g.
make sure the input and output coax lines from the splitter and to the
combiner are same length).   Don't bother with the resistors on the
combiner... being tube amps, SWR on the working amp when the other fails is
tolerable for a short period (whereas transistor amps would go south almost
immediately).  CCI's combiners are a little under-rated... meaning they are
a little small for CCS power.  I've used several of them on transistor
projects with great results up to about 4 kW.

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II  K9HZ

"Collector of Edison Wind-up Phonographs... Do you have one for me?"
Email: bill@wjschmidt.com
Alternate Email: wmschmidt@charter.net
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com