[Amps] Power supply design considerations

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Power supply design considerations
From: kenw2dtc at comcast.net (kenw2dtc)
Date: Tue Jul 1 09:50:07 2003
"The second item I am asking for design help on is the power cable to the
RF chassis.  This will run about 6 feet from the under desk cabinet to
the top of the desk through a hole in the bench.  It will be near my
knees so I dont want it to arc (5 Kv) to any part of my body.....#8-)
What should I use for transmission cable?  What is a source for such cable?"

******  I bought some 30KV wire from RF Parts.  I removed the shield from
LMR-400 coax and slid the high voltage wire inside the shielded wire.  I
grounded the shield at the power supply box and the amplifier box.  I
connected commercial grade grounding braid from station ground to both
boxes.  Hope this gives you some ideas for your own setup.

73,
Ken W2DTC