Re: [Amps] F.s 813 tubes

To: bcarling@cfl.rr.com, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] F.s 813 tubes
From: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:04:45 EDT
Do you have any SOCKETS available for those 813 tubes?

 In the past the sockets have cost me too much to make using the tube in any
new project worthwhile.

 I need a source for tube sockets for 813's that I could afford; like $5
each, (or less), in quantities greater than 25 pieces.

 I used to have a very large box full of them, (new surplus ones), and threw
them out by accident with some other useless junk some years back.

 I had originally purchased them for only about 5 cents each in a surplus
shop on South Michigan Avenue many, many, years ago.
 I believe the place was called either Big Lady's or Majestic Electronics.
(They were kind of across the street from each other.)

 After paying only 5 cents for those new, (but surplus), ceramic parts in the
past; I find it extremely had to get myself to pay $20.00 or more for a 'like
new used' ceramic part today.

Regards,

Dennis O.