[Amps] Re: Mail Order Operations

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re: Mail Order Operations
From: skipp isaham <nospam4me@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:23:29 -0700
I wont say anything bad about Canadian Amateurs,
most I've dealt with have been top notch all the way.

However, one person I will warn about is
Canadian Ham Alan Fallas who
signs two calls, one being ve7ptt.

He deals a lot of amplifier parts so I feel it's
justified to mention it here. After I once posted
about his sale to me of a bad vacuum relay,
I received numerous horror stories from other
US Hams about similar deals with Alan.

I've kept archives of Alan's bad act and his refusal
to refund, replace or deal with our deals, plus I've
kept some of the horror story Emails sent to me
by other hams.

Yes, the Canadian Authorities seemed little
interested in doing anything about his frauds,
regardless of multiple people providing ample
proof.

regards
skipp

nospam4me@juno.com

Be VERY careful about crooks with Canadian call signs! I don't know HOW
they
get them or WHY the DOC and RCMP can't stop them.
There are several of them. Now to be fair the VAST majority of Canadian
hams
are honest, trustworthy fellers, but several U.S.
hams have been "bitten" by crooks holding VE7 and VE8 callsigns
over the past 7-8 years.

Again, NOTHING against Canadian amateurs in general, but it is
the only country I know of that has licensees that repeatedly steal
on a regular basis. This has been well documented in the
Usenet newsgroups and on the Yahoogroups Badham list.

Caveat emptor