[Amps] Tufnol Rod

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tufnol Rod
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:39:41 +0100 (BST)
I am sure that some grades at least of Tufnol are not
hygroscopic. Itis quite commonly used for bushes in
mine shaft cage suspension links where water
absorption would be really bad news, especially if
accompanied by dimensional changes. It is also
extremely strong and resistant to wear - I have seen
it used in 40t links which are actually rated at 400t
when the design factor of safety is included - and it
would have a design life in excess of 10 years. Of
course none of that has any particular bearing on its
suitability for rf purposes!

73 Roger
VE3ZI