[Amps] GI-7BT Triode Follow Up

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] GI-7BT Triode Follow Up
From: "K7ZS" <k7zs@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:56:51 -0700
Again, thanks for all the responses to my GI-7BT input impedance question!

I received a lot of private requests to share my findings.  Well, what I
found was a website that gives all the information you need to build either
a single or twin tube HF Amplifier using the GI-7BT.  For all of you, I will
answer by suggesting you follow this link:

http://www.kvindesland.no/yl2qm/schematic/pa_2xgi7b/parameters.htm

It's all there!  Input capacitances for all bands, suggested coil wire
sizes, toroid sizes, the works.

It appears the winning number is (drum roll) about 43 ohms for a pair, give
or take of course depending on the physical installation.

Best 73, thanks again!

Kevin K7ZS