RE: [BULK] - [Amps] NCL 2000?

To: 'rlm' <r@somis.org>, AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - [Amps] NCL 2000?
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:17:10 -0700
Hi Rich,

I'll bet the Svetlana mod would be do-able, and probably cheaper than almost
any other mod, but I've never tried it.  Next time I have an NCL2000 on the
bench with dead 8122s (it will eventually happen!), I'll suggest this to
whoever owns it and would be pleased to tackle the job!  Years ago I
modified one NCL2000 to 8874s in GG, and it worked out well but certainly
was not cheap.  I added a tuned input board, which added about $100, not to
mention the horrendous cost of the tubes....-WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill