[Amps] Re {Amps} NCL 2000

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re {Amps} NCL 2000
From: "Thomas Hix" <w4th@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 15:45:10 -0500
Dave K8CC wrote:
"The idea of re-tubing an NCL-2000 with Svetlana tubes is quite intriguing. I would think it would be virtually certain that the 4CX400A would fit, since it is slightly smaller in diameter than the 8930, which is in turn slightly larger than the 4CX250. While this might not make legal limit by the datasheets, it's probably a good match overall (plate dissipation, power supply, etc.) to the original 8122s. They are, however, relatively inexpensive - RF Parts sells them for $140 each, and I suspect somebody like W4TH might beat that price."

You are exactly right Dave.....I sell my Svetlana 4cx400a tubes for $180.00 per PAIR.....that will save the guy $100 when compared to RF Parts cost. These tubes carry a full 1 year warranty as do all my ceramic tubes.....I dont carry the sockets, but they are easy to find as they are the same sockets as the 4cx250b uses....Max Gains Systems was selling a used pair of sockets with chimneys for less than $10 a pair.....if they still have them it would be just what he needs.
I would also suggest my Tetrode kit for the 4cx400a.
73
Tom....W4TH

Tom's Tubes: Specializing in Amateur Radio Amplifier Tubes, Sockets, & G3SEK Triode/Tetrode Boards and Kits. http://www.tomstubes.com