Fw: [Amps] Capacitor Recommendation Needed

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Fw: [Amps] Capacitor Recommendation Needed
From: skipp isaham <nospam4me@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:18:10 -0700
Hi Dennis,

Fixed vacuum caps seem to be extra cheap on Ebay, of
coarse you'd have to test them for value and probably
a high pot.

I will say that I've used a variety of surplus caps for
a few applications, but their makeup is/was unknown
to me.

I have some surplus door knob caps I removed from
a serious laser rebuild that I'm pretty sure would
handle the job, but again the mfgr is unmarked.
Many of the lasers I work with have substantial
numbers of high current caps, sort of a gold mine
for amp builders working "in the industry".

The value might be a non standard 882pf type of
thing, but I might be able to provide some closer
values.

Email me direct if you're seriously interested in
trying one out. I have enough of these caps now
that I can spread some out for a serious cause.

cheers
skipp
nospam4me@juno.com