[Amps] Conditioning Spare Tubes After Storage

Subject: [Amps] Conditioning Spare Tubes After Storage
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:13:55 -0400
I have a pair of 4CX800A tubes that have been on
the shelf here for a few years (and for an unknown
period before I got them). I'm about to swap them
into one of my Alpha 91b amps.

Is there a recommendation to let these tubes run
without HV for a period before pressing them into
full service?

I did a search of the archives, and it seems that
there is no consensus on the need for this procedure
for any but the largest "tubes with handles".

73,

  Jeff Maass  K8ND

  Caribbean Contesting Consortium - PJ2T
        http://www.pj2t.org