Re: [Amps] Best place/type 3-500Z tube ?

To: <W5gi@aol.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Best place/type 3-500Z tube ?
From: "Mike Hyder --N4NT--" <N4NT_Mike.Hyder@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:43:31 -0400
I believe the best place is RF Parts (www.rfparts.com).  I recommend their
house brand of 3-500ZG-RFP.  You can get one alone or matched sets.  They
have a very good warranty.  For my money they are better tubes than the
Eimac AND if you buy Eimac, you get NO warranty because they no longer make
that tube.  Recently I bought a Ten-Tec Centurion which is factory supplied
with the RF Parts tubes.  I asked what success they had with the tubes and
was told they have had excellent results with them.

73, Mike N4NT