Re: [Amps] Henry 750?

To: Gene Bigham <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 750?
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 06:36:16 -0700
Gene Bigham wrote:

Anyone on this list with real life experience with the Henry 750 not
the larger 1200 unit?

I had one. They seem to be making modifications all the time, so current units may not be the same. I had a certain amount of trouble with mine, however Henry was reasonable about fixing it in the warranty period. Later I had a problem with a nasty oscillation when the amp was used on 15 meters, which blew one of the transistors. I replaced them all with a matched set of 8 from RF Parts. You will notice that output drops off significantly on the higher bands. I never got more than about 500w CW on 10 meters, although it could easily produce more than 1 KW on 160 and 80 meters.

What does the Henry run 4 - 8
2sc2879's?

Yes, 8.

Vic K2VCO