Re: [Amps] VOX Tripping and Bandswitch Damage

To: "rlm" <r@somis.org>, "Bill Coleman" <n2bc@stny.rr.com>,"AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] VOX Tripping and Bandswitch Damage
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:55:31 -0700
This is a real problem on the SB-220 (I have come close to doing
what Bill describes). As he says, the three control knobs (bandswitch,
tune and load controls) look exactly the same, and the detent on the
Heathkit is really wimpy making it easy to move before you realize
what you are doing. On the Alpha 78, the knob is smaller and has a
really heavy detent, so you really have to be "out-of-it" to move the
bandswitch with the key down.

73 de Mike, W4EF................