Re: [Amps] Re: Future availability of 3cx1200a7 and 3cx1500a7?

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: Future availability of 3cx1200a7 and 3cx1500a7?
From: Ed Briggs <edbriggs@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:17:12 -0500
Clarification please:

The current Eimac webpage says that the socket is the *same* for both the
3cx1200a7 and 3cx1200z7 (SK-410). Several posts said that the socket was
different. Is this a web page misprint or are the sockets still the same?

The only other cooling related difference (again from the web page) is that
the a7 requires a chimney (sk-436) and the z7 does not. (or so it would
appear.)
Is that correct?

I take it that the a7 has generates little sales volume for Eimac, and so
would likely retired earlier than some other tubes. Is the same true for the
1200z7?
I ask this because because several responses indicated how much better the
'z7 was in my response to my 'product lifetime' question that I wonder if
there is an implication taht the z7 will be around longer than the a7.

Finally, if the socket is the same, and I were to change the filament
voltage, what else woudl have to be done to use an z7 as a replacement for
an a7 in an amateur HF linear. (I see the anode connection is different).

Thanks

Ed