Re: [Amps] FL-2100F

To: "R_Davis" <WD8JJA@arrl.net>,"H & W Electronics" <info@handwelectronics.com>,<Fox_Tango@mailman.qth.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FL-2100F
From: "Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF" <oz1pif@get2net.dk>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:32:44 +0100
Hi Rick,

Check very carefully the two caps tying the grids to ground, I believe they
are C8-9 220pF in your version.
I had exactly the same symptoms in my FL2000B, with a set of new bottles,
and not until I took it completely apart for conversion to a QB4/1100, did I
find that one of these caps had blown - split completely open, but invisible
from the outside!

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@get2net.dk
http://hjem.get2net.dk/oz1pif