[Amps] 813 INPUT CCT

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 813 INPUT CCT
From: Cliff Lindsay <mail@clifflindsay.plus.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:07:35 +0000
Hi all you experts, have been meaning for some time to upgrade the tuned input cct on my two 813’s in gg. Am going to try the cct by ZL1AXB using a copper coil with the wire inside paralleled with a 900pf or thereabouts air cap. Sure you have all seen it. Now if I put a nice graduated scale for the cap, to record the relevant tuning points, what is the best way to tune it. Am thinking of the explanation by Vic Rosenthal, strapping a resistor equal to the input impedance of the tubes across the cathode to ground.

So do I put a good SWR meter in between the solid state set and the linear and adjust the variable cap for min SWR on each band and mark off the points on a scale on the variable with the linear switched off ?. I have had the odd triple bi-pass and the memory is just not what it was.

Cliff G4VJI MAIL@CLIFFLINDSAY.PLUS.COM