Re: [Amps] Anyone ever use a 6C21?

To: "Mark Foltarz" <Foltarz@rocketmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Anyone ever use a 6C21?
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:00:29 -0700
Mark:

I built an AM "transmitter" using a pair of 6C21in push-pull several years
ago.

The tube is very much the same as the 450.  Eimac specs call for 8.3 volt
filament voltage, but that was for pulse service.

They work just fine in class C with 7.5 volts.  Several times I interchanged
the 6C21s with 450s and saw very little difference in anthing measurable:
power out, plate current, grid current.

I doubt they would be suitable for linear service.

73, Barrie, W7ALW