Re: [Amps] IMD Specs?

To: ad5gb@myway.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] IMD Specs?
From: ROBERT MARSTON <rmarston@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:18:34 -0800 (PST)
Randall

  It depends on the tube you're looking at. IMD numbers are not essential
information for Amp Design. So manufacturers only release them when they have a
superior product as a marketing ploy. Eimac does NOT include IMD numbers in
their catalog listings. And selectively publishes numbers in their data sheets
depend on the tube. Numbers for the 4CX 5000J & 10000J are published in their
sheets. The vanilla 5000 & 10000 tubes do not include such info. Eimac does
publush IMD figures for the 4CX5000 in its most recent edition of Care &
Feeding but they are at substantially reduced voltages. My guess is with solid
state devices finding their way RF Amplification applications, and the inherit
garbage they bring with them, tube manufacturers will adopt a different posture
regarding IMD Figures of their products.

Bob K1TA

ad5gb <ad5gb@myway.com> wrote:

Greetings,

In my travels on the web and in perusing old archives of the reflector
I keep seeing mention of tube IMD specifications in tube's datasheets,
I'm wondering where this data can be found as none of the datasheets I
have make any mention of distortion numbers.

Thanks much

--
Randall D. DuCharme (Radio AD5GB)