Re: [Amps] unun

To: "Dennis Watkins" <andromeda@seanet.com>," AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] unun
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 07:59:13 -0800
**   Dennis --  Example:  one 3-500Z in g-g config:  The input Z varies
continuously from c. 30-ohms to virtually an open circuit during the 360º
of the input sinewave.   Transformers are not happy campers with weirdo
waveshapes or out of phase E and I..  This is why a balun should not be
used with anything but something  fairly close to 1 to 1 SWR.