Re: [Amps] 220VOLT LINE...HAMS CAN BE DANGEROUS

To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 220VOLT LINE...HAMS CAN BE DANGEROUS
From: "Don Knight" <n4dek@triad.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:24:08 -0500
Louie,
I encourage you to go and try the test if you could and I think your opinion
would change very quickly as to the knowledge it requires to pass this test.
Here in NC the test has 100 questions and it too is an open book test. I
completed the test in 7 hrs/45 min and only scored 80%.
Out of 900 people that took the test that day only 20% passed. This should
tell you something. I did electrical work for 7 years before taking and
passing the test and still found it to be one of the hardest things I've
ever had to do. I assure you that there's much more to it than just looking
in the code book and finding the answers. For all you old timers that think
you had it tough passsing your extra try passing the electrical exam.

                                                    Don Knight
                                                       n4dek
                                         NC Electrical Lic# 15987L