Re: [Amps] OPINIONS PLEASE

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <Gudguyham@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] OPINIONS PLEASE
From: "RICHARD GEORGE" <k6kwq@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:23:49 -0800
  From: Gudguyham@aol.com
  To: amps@contesting.com
  Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 8:51 PM
  Subject: [Amps] OPINIONS PLEASE

  Hi All, I would like to have your opinions on something regarding amplifiers.
   Ameritron makes 3 powerful amplifiers that are all 3 exactly the same except
  for the tube compliment. They are the AL-82, AL-1200 and the AL-1500.  The
  stats on these amps are as follows.  The AL-82 does a max output of 1500
watts
  with 100 watts drive and has a pair of 3-500's. The AL-1200 makes 1800 watts
  out max with 100 watts and has a 3CX1200A7 and the AL-1500 makes 2250 watts
out
  with 100 watts and it uses the 8877 (3CX1500A7).  When I was confronted with
  the decision on which one to buy, I bought the AL-1500 because I wanted the
  extra power regardless of the extra cost.  I figured that the tubes were
  plentiful as pulls and that at 1500 watts I would rarely ever need to replace
the
  tube.  If you own any one of theses 3 amps, I would like to know the reasons
why
  you selected the one you did.  Please discuss price or whatever else took
place
  in the decision making process.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.
  If you do NOT own any one of these amps, please assume for a moment that you
  had to make the same decision and what the criteria would be for your
  decision.........Thank You 73 and Happy Holidays to all
  Louie W1QJ