[Amps] replacement to 3B28 rectifiers in certain HF Amps

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] replacement to 3B28 rectifiers in certain HF Amps
From: rfdude@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 02:33:28 +0000
Hi
i have two solid state replacement assemblies that fit the 4 pin socket of a
3B28 rectifier (as the type used in the Collins 30S1). They are cylidrical,
black, and about 1+1/8"  in diamter.
They have a black base, and "pin to cap" they are approx 5.5" long. The
standard ceramic cap fits the end (anode). The only markings are: Made in the
USA and S5130. A search on the net (google: "S5130 rectifier") led to two other
requests for similar info. I leaned that they are Sparkes Tarzian (never heard
of them), but there's no details on their PIV and amperage ratings. I am trying
to find out if indeed they are a replacement for a 3B28.
Thanks for any info...
kb3bf