Re: [Amps] 3.5 kV 2A REGULATED Power Supply: Schematic ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3.5 kV 2A REGULATED Power Supply: Schematic ?
From: rfdude@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 03:33:41 +0000
Bill,
I found you attatchment, thanks for sending it.
There is nothing wrong in using the binomial expansion in representing a switch
function. The binomail will include the terms of the taylor expansion when you
define the function that shows the I(V) property of your mixer element.
In the end I see the same terms you have with the taylor series expansion. It
may be a matter of semantics but a periodic function squared (or higher power)
leads to an harmonic. If you don't agree please tell me why. I would like to
set the record straight.
Also I do not understand what you mean by:

"It is just that in doing the math we
expand the terms a little bit at a time."?

thanks
chris kb3bf