[Amps] Tube tester

Subject: [Amps] Tube tester
From: "Bill L. Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:20:17 -0500
Well, I fired up my HB tube tester and checked a new 4CX250B which came just as
expected and a NEW 4-1000A. It is not quite finished but this is very
promising. It runs off   12 volts too. I can take it to hamfest to test tubes
on the spot.

I tried an old tube that sparked over, 5kv spark, with out  self distruction as
it did before. Wish I had more spare time.

I also did a little talk about QRO at our local ham club and I showed tubes of
all sorts including my 2000T. Then I showed them a QRP tube tester and said but
to really get the job done you need the "Benford 2000 tube tester, and then
showed them my new one. They got a real kick of that. It was not quite complete
and did not all the lables or even all the knobs on it at the time but they
liked it. One guy was taking pictures like crazy of all the tubes and stuff.

73
Bill wa4lav