[Amps] More Clipperton L

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] More Clipperton L
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@eon.net.au>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:12:49 +0800
G'day Ampers,

I had a couple of spare hours today to play with the Dentron Clipperton L amp I mentioned a few days ago.

I measured the filament volts at the socket pins. 7.32 Volts was the result!

With a combination of resistors in line, (7 x 0.47 Ohm/5w WW in parallel) I now have it set to 6.15 Volts with 245 Volts on the mains. Hopefully that will keep the new tubes happy.

I guess it was not surprising that the 572B's which came with the amp were dead flat. Funny enough, they were probably the original tubes. They are marked Dentron, all with 7850 date codes.

To answer Rich's last question on the subject of the tubes' demise, no, there are no shorts in any tubes. None that I could measure with an ohm meter anyway.

73 and thanks
Alek. VK6APK