Re: [Amps] bird 43 slug

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] bird 43 slug
From: Tom Norris <ka4rkt@fernblatt.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:50:40 -0600
Yes, while with a calibration lab some years ago, we were able to get Bird
to custom make a couple of Model 43 elements. Bear in mind that having them
made custom by Bird will be rather expensive.

I've had good luck with just an ordinary 400-1000Mhz "E" series (I have a 1000E
element in that range) element at 1296, as have I with my Telewave Model 44. I've
not noticed any glaring measurement errors with either.

73

Tom KA4RKT

Has any one ever had Bird make a custom slug for a Bird 43 wattmeter? I need a 500 watt slug for 1296mhz.
Thanks

K6KWQ Dick "12 Volt radios are for wimps, real radios can kill you" Still can't make it go QRO with "More Power"