[Amps] shipping amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] shipping amps
From: "kce" <kce@chartermi.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:28:44 -0500
For a very heavy amp or boat anchor, I will usually build a wooden crate and
foam around the gear. I am not set up to foam here but a friend of mine
works in the shipping dept of a factory here and I can usually get him to do
it for me. I have in a pinch went to the local Home Depot and purchased
several cans of the expanding foam and used that. Its expensive but the
combination of foam and a wooden crate with handles usually works. Of course
this adds about $100 to the ship costs for materials. The only problem I
have had with this method is a couple of  buyers complained about how hard
it was to open the crate.

Ken W8OB