[Amps] Titan ll Tube Conversion

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Titan ll Tube Conversion
From: "Thomas Hix" <w4th@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 06:17:55 -0600

A friend of mine has just done a neat looking tube conversion on a Titan ll amp. For those of you who may not be familiar with the Titan ll, it runs a single 4cx1600b tube, which is no longer being made. The conversion is really a very good solution to the problem of the non existing 4cx1600b tube. A pair of 4cx800a/gu74b tubes fit in the space vacated by the single 4cx1600b quite nicely, and since most of the voltages, ect are the same for the tubes, this really makes for a nice conversion.
If any of you are interested, I have some preliminary pictures of the conversion I will be happy to share with you....just send me an email requesting the Titan ll tube conversion, and I will send you the 5 pictures I now have.
73
Tom....w4th.....Tom's Tubes

Tom's Tubes: Specializing in Amateur Radio Amplifier Tubes & Sockets, CT Brand CW Keys, & G3SEK Triode/Tetrode Boards and Kits. http://www.tomstubes.com