[Amps] SB221 (220) Input SWR

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB221 (220) Input SWR
From: "William Spickler" <bill@spickler.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:41:46 -0800
I have an SB221 with the SB220 mods for 10 mtrs that recently developed a high
SWR on 15 mtrs only.  I can tune it down with a tuner between the driver and
the Amp although I'm not sure that's good for the grids.  I have replaced the
115 pf and 150 pf caps in the input circuit on 15 mtrs and I have cleaned the
contacts on the bandswitch with no improvement.  Mechanically everything looks
okay.

I suppose my next step will be to pull the coil out and see if it is okay, but
I'm hesitant to do that because I don't know where I would find a replacement.
Does anyone have any other suggestions or does anyone know where I can find
these coils.

Please reply directly to bill@spickler.net

Tnx es 73s

Bill