[Amps] Re: Shipping cost from USA to Sweden!

To: sm5dqc@areteadsl.se, kh6jj@mobettah.net, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re: Shipping cost from USA to Sweden!
From: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:57:47 EST
In a message dated 2/22/04 2:41:26 AM Central Standard Time,
sm5dqc@areteadsl.se writes:
Hello Dennis!

Merv wants my transformer and I want the 50 Hz one you have, but I don't
think shipping from USA to Sweden would be USD 10, from here to USA it's USD
50. I
will be glad to mail the transformer to Merv, but please check how much money
I should send you, thanks!
 You didn't read my email very well; I said $10 OVER the actual cost of
shipping.

 I thought that would be enough to cover my costs of packaging, filling out
the overseas shipping forms, etc., and delivering the package to the shipping
point.

 Did you even send me your address?  I don't remember getting it.

 I cannot get any shipping quotes until I get your address.

 I also need to know what services deliver from the US to Sweden.

I'll weigh a transformer later today so I can contact whatever service
delivers to Sweden to get an estimated cost to ship that weight and size item
you....

 Another alternative would be if you made all the arrangements on your end
and had the package picked up at my home here in Frankfort Illinois (60423),
Via
UPS; FEDX, etc.., In that case you wouldn't have to send me any money at all!

 It's 3:45AM on Tuesday here in Illinois, and I just got back into town, so I
want to get some sleep before doing anything else.

 Talk to you again later today or early tomorrow.
Also, I think it would be impossible to sell the rest in USA.   I can't see
anyone wanting 50 Hz transformers in your country, how many of those do you
have?

 From everything I have been told in private emails thus far, those
transformers designed around the 50HZ core will actually work as good or BETTER
in that
amp than the standard transformers which were made for our US 60HZ system;
(because they will put out a little higher plate voltage, allowing the same
amplifier to produce a higher peak power output).

 I started out with 4 of those transformers in their original sealed Heathkit
boxes.

 After I send you yours, I will have 3 left.

 Regards,

Dennis O.

PS.

 I want to thank everyone here on the amps reflector for being so helpful in
providing me with so much useful information relating to those Heathkit parts!