Re: [Amps] SB-200 80 Meter dilemma

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 80 Meter dilemma
From: "Alex Dolgosh" <al.dolgosh@hamradio.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:23:24 -0500
Take a real good look at the plate RF choke - you may find it has been
overheated and there are more than a few turns that are shorted together
because the insulation has melted off the wire.  That would result in too
low an inductance with the bypass capacitor at the base just shunting RF to
ground on 80 meters, but enough inductance to still function well at higher
frequencies.

The solution would be to just pull off the enameled wire and rewind it with
the same number of turns with the same size wire.

Al - K8EUR