Re: [Amps] Re: Amps Digest, Vol 15, Issue 10

To: <K3vw@aol.com>, " AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: Amps Digest, Vol 15, Issue 10
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 07:25:56 -0800
?  If it was possible to neutralize a grounded-grid amplifier, why did
Eimac fail to mention this in *Care and Feeding*?  In a grounded-cathode,
AB1 tetrode amplifier, neutralization is possible with a Bruene
neutralization bridge:
http://www.somis.org/D.a.05.GIF
-  However, such neutralization occurs only at the operating frequency,
as I learned the hard way with an 8170.  Neutralization had no effect at
the place where VHF parasites spawn -- i.e., the VHF resonant circuit
between the anode and the Tune-C.  (In the 8170 amplifier, this was
68MHz)  The result was stentorian parasitic arcing until I reduced the Rp
(parallel-equivalent R) of the 68MHz circuit by using a lower-Q VHF
parasitic suppressor.  .

cheers