Re: [Amps] 2x8877 question

To: "Stan C." <kf6ikc@sbcglobal.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2x8877 question
From: "kenw2dtc" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 06:10:52 -0500
Stan,
If I understand your AM setup, you are driving two 8877's with a Viking
Valiant transmitter that has three 6146's.   The Valiant has the capability
of around 600 watts pep on AM phone.  Is it possible that in your quest to
bring down the driver carrier power that you are still overdriving the amp
on voice peaks?

I run a single 8877 on AM that needs only 14 watts carrier and 60-70 watts
on voice peaks.

73,
Ken W2DTC