Re: [Amps] Alpha PA-76

To: "Bob Kirkland" <w5pvr@goquest.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha PA-76
From: peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:57:32 +0100

Bob said:

>This cap could be replaced with an electrolytic as any leakage would not
matter.

That depends on the time delay you need - leakage in a normal electrolytic
may be too much if you want a longish delay. Somewhere, I have some
MPF121if you really want to try, but I've just gone through this exercise,
and the better answer is a piece of 4000 CMOS logic, the number of which I
can't remember. It consists of an R-C oscillator and counter, and I use a
transistor after it to drive a relay. If you're interested, I can send you
the circuit as a Word document. I think it's a far more satidafctory
approach than the analogue one - and it takes a lot for me to approve of
anything digital!

73

Peter G3RZP