Re: [Amps] Relays for RF switching

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Relays for RF switching
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:38:06 -0500
Vic,
I built an antenna switch box using DPDT 10 amp contacts. The coils were
115 volt. I paralleled the contacts for 20 amps each. The SWR did increase
slightly but hardly noticeable. These relays came out of several
Henry 2000 D RF gens I parted out and are not RF relays. It's been working
fine for 4 years now.  I've put as much a 2500 watts RF though the switch
box for short
periods of time ( 20 or 30 seconds ) on 20, 40 and 75 meters. It's only seen
about
1000 watts on 15 and 10 meters but should work find at 1500 for ssb use.
I don't remember the part number for these relays but I'll take the switch
box's cover
off and send the info to you if needed. Most likely, these same relays are
not being
build anymore. Oh, be sure to ground the common closed contacts.

73,
Larry, N5BIP