[Amps] new amplifier results

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] new amplifier results
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:19:30 -0600
Is Heath Robinson the UK's version of Rube Goldberg here in the states?

Worked, but always seemed a bit Heath Robinson to me......
73
Peter G3RZP

I am testing a new RF PA, this one using the THALES TH781 (former Thomson) tetrode:
Here are some of yesterdays results. Today am making linearity tests, both amplitude and phase. Its running at 200 MHz, in class AB2. The output is pulsed, about 10% on time, 0.9 mS long pulses.

Ea=14.1kVDC, Ia=21 A pk
Eg2=1500, Ig2=700 mA pk
Eg1=-300, Ig1=180 mA pk
Pout=157 kW, Pin=6.3 kW
n=53.2% (not PAE), Gain=14 dB

It is a very sweet amplifier, stability is excellent. Now if I could like the anode power supply overcurrent problem.

Off to the Albuquerque hamfest tomorrow.

73
John
K5PRO