Re: [Amps] I had thought I'd seen everything

To: Steve Jackson <kz1x@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] I had thought I'd seen everything
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 05:06:02 -0700

On Apr 24, 2004, at 7:55 PM, Steve Jackson wrote:

but this is madness squared:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3093349628

It's a Suburban with a dedicated "25kW" CB amplifier.
Take a look at the power supply and the cooling
system.
The ad says it uses a pair of 3CX3000 ...

 25k pep Out from a pair of 3cx3000A7s is a stretch. 25k In is not.
- The last CBer I talked to about amplifier design issues was building a 4cx15,000A in AB1, a tube that will do 25k pep out without doubt.

 who knows
what element is in the Bird meter, though.

 Bird meters can also be tweaked. Some folks tell the truth and some do not. I have run into people who seem to feel superior by convincing others that something which is not true, is true. Based on conversations with a Ham friend who sold cars to make a living, I think there are car and truck salesmen who do this. According to my friend, salesmen compete with each other to pull off the most delightsome scam.

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org _______________________________________________