[Amps] Solid State AMP

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Solid State AMP
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:23:01 -0500
Well I won a solid state amp off e-bay, it has what looks like 4 push pull
pairs and a possible driver board.  It was touted as a plasma generator and is
water cooled; the heat sink has fittings for water flow.  As I get into this
project I plan to reverse engineer the thing.  It has a very heavy combiner
built into it.  It also has what looks like an output filter that might place
it near 30 to 50 MHz given the size of coils and capacitors therein.
The two transistors on each of the four push pull blocks are labeled with ST
681033 on each transistor and either c795v or c589c, then all have cc on the
bottom of the labels.  I was told they are higher voltage transistors, possibly
28 to 40 volts?  At this point I do not know but my research has just begun.
If you know anything about this amp or its transistors let me know, I got it
for cheap and want to have some fun playing in my basement laboratory.
Thanks
Gene