Re: [Amps] power vacuum tube hi-pot and "conditioning"

To: "Traian" <yo9fzs@office.deck.ro>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] power vacuum tube hi-pot and "conditioning"
From: "on4kj" <on4kj@skynet.be>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 18:35:57 +0200
  A very old story.
  Long time ago in the early sixties, we constructed Amps with a
coaxialcavity on UHF 70 cm . We where happy with 4X150A pulls from the army.
We had often extern flash over, inside the cavity, these samples where
throwed away. Untill we find out that tubes which had been cleaned  with
alcohol to get some greas of, they never flashed. Even manipulating the
tubes with dirty hands can produce some external flashs over.
  Its a very old story.
  Could be Ham hands are cleaner nowadays hi hi .

  Jos on4kj