Re: [Amps] Custom HV transformers - UK

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Custom HV transformers - UK
From: "Ian White, G3SEK" <G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 07:50:38 +0100
Mark Hill wrote:
Folks,

Any recommendations as to UK-based companies that will custom wind single phase, multi-kVA HV transformers suitable for valve PA's?

I have had a quote from Express Transformers in Runcorn which, although fully compliant with the spec. I sent them, seems somewhat pricey to me. I have no benchmarks to guide me here, e.g. price per kVA. Any help appreciated.

Harrison & Greenwood
Unit 4, Reflecting Roadstuds
Mill Lane
Boothtown
HALIFAX     HX3 6TR
West Yorkshire

01422 329003

Ask for Ian - he has designed several transformers for UK amateurs. Not cheap, not light, not small, but well designed and very well made.

"Reflecting Roadstuds?"... somehow, I knew you were going to ask...

Reflecting "cat's eye" road markers were invented in Halifax, and sold by the billion to all civilized countries. The original Victorian factory is now an industrial heritage site, and Harrison & Greenwood use part of it.

-- 73 from Ian G3SEK 'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek