[Amps] Switching the cathode circuits

To: Mail List for Amplifiers <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Switching the cathode circuits
From: Jim Isbell <millenniumfalcon@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:43:48 -0500
My amp will have 5 tuned circuits in the cathode. They are in a fully enclosed/shielded box with a switch shaft out one side. The problem is ganging the Plate tank switch to the cathode switch. Mechanically a nightmare on my particular chassis. SO what I am wondering about is using a shielded cable 5" long from the cathode circuits (under the chassis) to the un used wafer on the band switch which is above the chassis to do the switching. Or moving the cathode circuit box to above the chassis for a shorter connection to the unused wafer.

Would this be too close to the output tank?