[Amps] Anode clips and parts for sale

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Anode clips and parts for sale
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:06:00 -0400
I have a B&K 707 tube tester here that is missing the dual anode clip with lead and plug. Years back they used to make a combination anode connector having a 1/4" and 3/8" diameter in the same plastic cap for TV repair. B&K used this in their lead with a banana plug on the other. If anyone has one of these dual anode caps, please let me know and what price you may want for it. I can make up the rest of the lead easily. My tester is indespencable as it is a mutual conductance tester which checks all the tubes up until they quit manufacturer, plus it is in mint condition. If anyone has one of these, please let me know. I am interested in finding the old spring style "grid clips", or anode clips made by Herman H Smith. They quit manufacture on these years ago but some still float around. They came in 250 or 500 to the box at that time. There were two sizes of these also, 1/4" and 3/8" diameter. I would like to purchase what I can of these if anyone runs across them.

Last, I am interested in 9 pin magnoval and 12 pin compactron chassis mount tube sockets. The 9 pin fit the popular sweep tubes like the 6LQ6 and the 12 pin fit the 6LF6. I use these in repair and am interested in purchasing lot quantities of these also. I prefer US manufactured ones by Cinch Jones, etc. in these.

I have a good quantity of 9 pin magnoval, chassis mount sockets manufactured in China to fit the EL-519, PL-519, or 6KG6A tube. They will fit all other tubes in this range like the 6LQ6, etc. However, their mounting dimensions are just a shade different than the American versions. These are for sale separately or in bulk quantities. They are $3.00 each for 1-10 or $2.50 each for 11 +. These are NOT the ones offered by Svetlana with the ceramic ears which are bad to break. These have steel saddles and mount like the older chassis types either on top or below the chassis metal. They mount in a 1-1/8" diameter hole with two screws or rivets to hold them in the steel ears.

I have a few power transformers for sell that have the following secondaries;

325 Vac (Plate or screen supply)
This will provide 500 watts using a voltage doubler producing 910 Vdc (OCV) @ 1/2 ampere, or 405 Vdc (OCV) @ 1 ampere, using a straight bridge rectifier. The load voltage for the 405 volts is around 352 Vdc, just right for the screen supply.

12 Vac @ 10 amperes, C.T. (Control and filament)

120 Vac @ 250 mA (Bias)

Primary is 117 Vac @ 60 Hz
All leads are color coded for phase.

They are ideal for running several pairs of 4CX250B's, 4CX400's, or 4CX800's. All you need is the plate transformer. The transformers are $100.00 each and I have three left.

I can supply photos of these if needed. If interested, contact me at craxd1@ezwv.com or at craxd@hotmail.com

73's

Will Matney