RE: [Amps] FL2100

To: lionel <lsjt4@foothills.net>, amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Amps] FL2100
From: "Skram, Helge (MED)" <helge.skram@med.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:22:36 +0200
Hi,

I have experienced the same problem with a FL2100B amp.
SWR was 3-5:1 on all bands, almost impossible for the TS-940 tuner.
The cause was that all the brown mica (?) capacitors in the input filters
had lost capacitance.
Capacitors that should be 1nF measured only 2-300pF !
The chassis mountes capacitors were all fine but the brown ones needed
replacement.
They looked fine on the outside. Can't remember the manufacturer or type.
Replacing capacitors can be done by removing the lid on the input network
and changing capacitors with new ones with proper values and ratings. I used
a smaller size 500v mica caps supplied from ELFA(Sweden) and they worked
fine.

73 de LA6MV
Helge