[Amps] Variable condenser plate spacing--building my own max powerant. t

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Variable condenser plate spacing--building my own max powerant. tuner.
From: "donii@sympatico.ca" <donii@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:16:38 -0400
Gentlemen
I've decided to homebrew my own antenna tuner. I want it bulletproof. A lot of the so-calledcommercial kw tuners aren't that tough!
I plan to make my own coil and variable condensers. Size is no problem as it will be used to operate with 'large' boatabchors.I'm starting to build my condensers now but I was wondering what the ideal plate spacing would be to be sure of no arching.
My only other problem is getting or making a bulletproof rotary switch for the coil taps.
73's
VE2FAR
Peter