Re: [Amps] RE: 4CX250B Screen Supplies

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE: 4CX250B Screen Supplies
From: "DEHAYS Dominique" <Dominique.DEHAYS@enac.fr>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:30:45 +0200
The zener chain or the OA2-OB2 VR tubes must be considered as "antique"
technology. We hams have one duty : make our transmitted signal as clean
as possible , not only for the harmonic content , but also to enable
others to work on the band at the same time we are on it. Just have a look
at:
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/cleansig/imd1.htm
There are some IMD curves drawn for a 2*4CX250R amp , with modern screen
regulator , and zener chain regulator , you 'll see it simply makes 10db
degradation on IMD3 . You will notice too , that the amplifier tested was
running 500w for a pair of 4CX250R , imagine what is the problem when some
guys are running the same kind of amp at 1Kw out....
73's Dom F6DRO