Re: [Amps] RF Feedback Problem

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>, Patrick Hoppe <phoppe@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF Feedback Problem
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:17:13 -0700 (PDT)
You need to keep the RF off the OUTSIDE of the coax.  Buy or build a 1:1 Balun
(or a "Line
Isolator" as they're sometimes called) as Rich suggests below.  You can do it
by neatly wrapping
15-20 turns of coax around a 6 to 8 inch form or buy a stack of ferrite beads
(enough to cover
about 12 inches of coax) and put them on the  coax where you connect into the
Titan's pig-tail.
There are a couple manufactures that make one with SO-239s on either end which
would be a good
match for the Titan, since most people use a double-female coupler there anyway.

I had the same problem with my dipole (and to a lesser extent with my Titan) --
my rig went nuts
when I ran over a couple hundred watts on 40 or 75m.  The balun totally cured
it!!

Joe,
N3JI